We'll post a few details and pictures of the modifications we made, but first, here are a few pictures of the canoe all kitted out with its spray deck and our gear loaded inside.
We just finished outfitting our new PakCanoe 170. Getting it expedition ready was quite a lot of work, and that has been taking up most of our time for the past few days. We had to design and make foam floor inserts for bow and stern, replace the bow and stern seats with a more robust design -- which we had to design, fit end float bags, and install our existing Northwater spray deck, which as luck would have it fits both our Esquif Canyon and our PakCanoe 170. We also had to make several modifications to the Northwater spray deck, so we put in quite a few hours on the sewing machine too.